The SPA-LEED control software
Last update: March 4th 2012
Scan modes |
Project status |
The software package WinSPA is a completely new developed data acquisition software package
for users of the
SPA-LEED instrument, which is available at Omicron NanoTechnology, see
Some of the most interesting features of WinSPA are:
- New scan modes
- Reciprocal space map (RSM, k||-kz scan), including software correction of mechanical misalignment.
- Scanning electron microscopy mode (SEM)
- Full compatibility with Microsoft Windows
- Data access and backup via network
- Multi-threading technology allows multiple parallel scans
- Long file names
- Network printer access
- Remote controlled measurements possible via remote desktop
- File format NetCDF.
- Easy combination of different scans for in-situ measurements
- Support of existing scan hardware PCI-20001
- File I/O of old Spa4.1d data (*.d1d, *.d2d) is supported.
- Virtual field-free direct current sample heating by gated counting operation (pulse heating)
- GUI customization for optimum individual measurement setups.
- Modern PCI hardware (BMCM PCI-Base II and Meilhaus ME-1400) supported since V1.07.
The scan modes of WinSPA
WinSPA offers four basic scan modes which are schematically depicted in the program's logo.
Moreover, there are two additional types of scans, which are particularly helpful for
maintenance and adjustment purposes.
- The 2D scan
- The 1D scan
- The I(t) scan (Spot tracker)
- The reciprocal space map scan (RSM)
- The scanning electron microscopy scan (SEM)
- The diffraction spot optimization scan (opti)
The current project status
The source code of WinSPA has grown to almost 40.000 lines of code.
is delivered with WinSPA as data acquisition software.
The following screenshot may serve as an overview over the graphical user interface and the amount
of features of WinSPA:
Further more detailed information on WinSPA is available:
Please note the following disclaimer.